Friday, January 10, 2020

Review: Mantrum

Title: MANTRUM
Author: Jacob Chance
Genre: Romantic Comedy Standalone
Release Date: January 10, 2020 Cover Design: Sybil Wilson/Popkitty Design
Mantrum: An emotional outburst or an expression of anger by an adult man.
I’ve never understood the attraction women have for an alpha male, until I meet single father, Rex Winters.
Tall, chiseled, and persistent, he tries to avoid a parking ticket by asking me out to dinner. But I know men like him. He’s a repeat offender--habitually getting into trouble and always ready to sweet talk his way out of it.
But his charm won’t work on me.
Not when he’s the reason I’m forced to attend a six-week anger management class. And especially not when I find out all six feet two inches of Rex and his two hundred pounds of sexy muscle will be joining me every single time.
It doesn’t matter how much he flirts, or how attracted to him I am. I’m the girl who enforces rules for a living and he’s the guy who breaks them.
Do opposites really attract?
I guess we're about to find out.
Jacob Chance grew up in New England and still lives there today. He's a martial artist, a football fan, a practical joker and junk food lover.
A writer of sports romcoms and romantic suspense, he plans on providing you with many more stories.
HOSTED BY:
Mantrum Mantrum by Jacob Chance
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

This was my first book by Jacob Chance and it was in large part due to the cover! I loved the color and style, it grabbed me and I knew I had to read this book. I have heard of the Man-Cold but the Mantrum was new to me, and also 100% appropriate. Men can totally be big babies.

Rex has a short fuse and that is putting it mildly. When he meets his heroine Danika, she is giving him a parking ticket. You might think, "Oh I know where this is going", He's going to throw a mantrum over the ticket and get all angry. Now while he doesn't enjoy getting a parking ticket (who would) his anger is never directed at Danika, but at someone observing their interaction who films them. And a big Thank You to Jacob Chance for that one, because anger towards or violence towards women is extremely difficult for me to stomach as a reader. Anywho, They both end up in the same anger management class and their relationship begins to develop.

This book was light and funny, both characters had a strong wit and their banter was fun to read. It also dealt with some serious topics related to anger management and its consequences. While I enjoyed this book I felt that there were some unresolved issues in Danika's backstory, regarding her anger and her family. I feel like there is a part of that story that is missing. I also felt that while Rex's anger was addressed more thoroughly, the ending felt a little rushed and too simple. Overall this was an enjoyable read and I recommend it to fans of romantic comedies everywhere. I received an ARC of this book and voluntarily give my review.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment

Featured Post:

Review: Scoring Forever: a best friends to enemies to lovers sports romance

Scoring Forever: a best friends to enemies to lovers sports romance by Jaqueline Snowe My rating: 3 of 5 stars ...