Wednesday, January 22, 2020

Review: BOSS MAN BRIDEGROOM

BOSS MAN BRIDEGROOM BOSS MAN BRIDEGROOM by Meghan Quinn
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

This book is hysterically funny!!! I had no idea what to expect, the cover was more colorful than a lot of romance novels and the title doesn't give much away. Once I started I could not stop it is so good! Charlee is one of my favorite characters of all time! She is obsessed with office supplies, has 0 filter and doesn't know when to quit. But she also knows her own worth and is strong and independent. Rath, is the trope brooding hero who has been hurt before and is brought to his knees by the heroine. To be honest, I wasn't sure I liked him very much at first, but my love for him grew the more I got to know him.

This book is very meta in that there are multiple references to historical romance and it follows a similar storyline. This is by far the funniest Meghan Quinn novel I have read. There were several scenes where I laughed so hard I cried, then caught my breath so I could read the interaction out loud to my husband.

Another high point of this book is Rath and Bram's bromance. It is unlike any other. I though that the Billionaire Bad Boys by Max Monroe had a bromance, but it is barely friendship compared to the love shared by Rath and Bram. In this book Bram is engaged to Rath's sister (not sure if they have their own book) and apparently Rath had been worried his sister would hurt Bram, not the other way around.

All of these pieces and so much more makes this an exceptionally enjoyable read. Definitely the most entertaining book I have read in 2020!

I received an arc of this book and voluntarily give my review.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment

Featured Post:

Review: Scoring Forever: a best friends to enemies to lovers sports romance

Scoring Forever: a best friends to enemies to lovers sports romance by Jaqueline Snowe My rating: 3 of 5 stars ...