Saturday, May 23, 2020

Review: Southern Charmer

Southern Charmer Southern Charmer by Jessica Peterson
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

This is my first book of any kind by author Jessica Peterson. I was excited to listen because this is narrated by two of my faves Joe Arden and Emma Wilder. They both gave amazing performances filled with emotion, vulnerability and lots and lots of heat. Olivia is at a crossroads between doing what is expected of her, or embarking on a journey to find her happiness. Her conundrum is one that is highly relatable and was addressed so well in the writing of this book. There was definitely some life imitating art meta moments when Olivia was trying her hand at writing a romance novel. Eli was like an onion with his many many layers and it was so enjoyable to watch him peel them all back for Olivia. I loved how supportive he was of Olivia's dream. What is sexier than a man who reads romance novels? There was drama and some low angst, but I didn't feel that the characters ever made decisions that were intentionally dumb, which can be a pet peeve of mine. 

This book was a five star read for me, now more than ever, it is important that we take time to be strong independent people, who can find their passions within themselves. This book was wonderful on so many levels, I highly, highly recommend! 

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment

Featured Post:

Review: Whisper

Whisper by Cambria Hebert My rating: 5 of 5 stars View all my reviews