Tuesday, May 12, 2020

Review: The Hunter

The Hunter The Hunter by L.J. Shen
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

When I started this book I was 100% sure I was going to hate Hunter. I know, not a popular opinion, but he is really unlikeable from page 1. What surprised me was how quickly and naturally LJ Shen changed my mind. Hunter might be my favorite LJ Shen Book boyfriend since Dean Cole. He is so sweet and attentive and while he can be rude and inconsiderate, he isn't cruel. Which I loved because Sailor does not deserve cruelty. She is determined and fierce and it is amazing to see her self confidence grow. What I found most remarkable was the natural character development, it was like watching these two mature in front of my eyes, but their actions were completely natural and unforced. I am having a really hard time not gushing about this book! It was everything. It ticked all my boxes, there was intrigue, suspense, mystery and a crap ton of banter. Loved the banter!! Sailor gives as good as she gets! Hunter turns everything into a sexual innuendo! This book was so fun and did not have the anxiety causing angst that is traditional in LJ Shen's books and I think that is a good thing (the world causes enough anxiety right now). I can't wait for it to go live, I know everyone will love Hunter and Sailor as much as I do.

I received an ARC of this book and voluntarily give my review.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment

Featured Post:

Review: Whisper

Whisper by Cambria Hebert My rating: 5 of 5 stars View all my reviews