Thursday, July 25, 2019

Review: Overture

Overture Overture by Skye Warren
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

I received a copy of this audiobook and voluntarily give my review.

Overture tells the story of child violin prodigy Samantha Brooks as she approaches her 18th birthday and grapples with her impending adulthood. As an almost adult Samantha lives with her legal guardian Liam who is 18 years older than her in their secure compound. Liam owns a security company, but his number one charge is to protect Samantha, and he finds that increasingly difficult when the person he most wants to protect her from is himself.

I was not new to North Security or the forbidden love between Liam and Samantha. I had previously read the kindle version of this book and wavered about listening to the audio, thinking that maybe I should spend the time listening to something new. I am so very glad I didn't skip this one! This story was elevated by the amazing narration done by Grace Grant and Teddy Hamilton. I feel like I got so much more out of the story, and have a greater understanding of the characters from their interpretations. I can't wait to see how this continues in Concerto.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment

Featured Post:

Review: Whisper

Whisper by Cambria Hebert My rating: 5 of 5 stars View all my reviews