Sunday, July 14, 2019

Review: Lies

Lies Lies by Kylie Scott
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

There is a reason that Kylie Scott is one of my favorite authors and I will read everything she writes. The reason is this: She is brilliant! Lies only reinforces this opinion. This suspenseful story had me hooked from page 1 and I could not put it down. Betty is in the process of leaving her fiancé when her condo is blown up and she is thrust into a world she never imagined with gun fights, secret identities and enemies everywhere. The world her fiancé lives in, the reason he was so boring, because he was hiding his true self. I loved watching them get to know each other again, learning the truth about their strength both individually and together. While this book had quite a lot of suspense, I also found myself laughing out loud at some of the snarky dialogue "Good job- you just mildly inconvenienced the enemy. Try again and actually hit him this time" & "This is my life now Unicorns and Rainbows and guns" had me waking up my husband because I was laughing in bed at 2 in the morning. Whether you are new to Kylie Scott or addicted to her writing like I am, you will flip for this book.

I received an arc of this book and voluntarily give my review.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment

Featured Post:

Review: Whisper

Whisper by Cambria Hebert My rating: 5 of 5 stars View all my reviews