Tuesday, July 30, 2019

Review: Concerto

Concerto Concerto by Skye Warren
My rating: 3 of 5 stars

Having read Overture , book 1 in the North Security series, I was anxious and excited to see what would happen to Samantha Brooks violin prodigy and Liam North, her once guardian and constant protector. I didn't love this book as much as Overture, but I find that to be a trend for me. I am not the person who is going to tell you that Empire Strikes Back was the best of the original Star Wars trilogy, I always preferred Return of the Jedi. I think that is for a few reasons which are mirrored in this story. First, you know going into it that you will be left with a cliff hanger and the story will be unresolved. I feel that the second book is often used to set up the third, and so it doesn't hold its own the same way the first or third will. In the case of Concerto, I felt that Samantha was a little wishy washy in her resolve. In certain parts you would see her growing up, standing up, fighting back and holding her own, only to question her own confidence a few minutes later. There is a lot of push and pull between her and Liam, which is very realistic, but at the same time made it seem like the characters didn't know where they were going or what they really wanted. I found my self thinking "huh, really?" a few times when characters made decisions. That being said the last 1/4 of the book picked up speed and there was some great intrigue and action (both kinds ;)). I definitely enjoyed this book and i recommend that it be read or listened to. Grace Grant and Teddy Hamilton were stellar as always. I am really looking forward to reading Book 3.

I received a copy of this audiobook and voluntarily give my review.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment

Featured Post:

Review: Whisper

Whisper by Cambria Hebert My rating: 5 of 5 stars View all my reviews