Saturday, May 11, 2019

Review: Red, White & Royal Blue

Red, White & Royal Blue Red, White & Royal Blue by Casey McQuiston
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

I received and ARC of this book and voluntarily give my review.

Red, White, & Royal Blue by Casey McQuiston was more than I ever could have hoped for. A royal and political elite romance, enemies to lovers, M/M, and Romantic Comedy. This book had me waking up my husband with laughter when I read late into the night. The banter between characters was so witty and sharp I spent a good portion of this book laughing out loud. When it wasn't funny, the tone and emotion of the romance between our heroes brought tears to my eyes. The underlying note of political satire, the alternate universe where a Democratic woman is president, remarried and has biracial children is one I hope to experience one day. The criticism of America's political system was not lost on me, and made me pause to remember that while hate gets a lot of press these days, there are still people who believe in love and equality. This book was extremely enjoyable, and I recommend it for all readers.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment

Featured Post:

Review: Scoring Forever: a best friends to enemies to lovers sports romance

Scoring Forever: a best friends to enemies to lovers sports romance by Jaqueline Snowe My rating: 3 of 5 stars ...