Friday, May 31, 2019

Review: Can't Text This

Can't Text This Can't Text This by Teagan Hunter
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

I was excited for this book having really enjoyed books 1 and 2 in this series. The story was sweet, and unique. I love a good single dad trope and this one did it well. I really wanted to know more about Monty's background, and while we got a taste i felt like there was so much more there that I was left wondering about. Overall the story was great, the banter was witty and it reminded me of the banter my husband and I had when we first started dating. I was slightly disappointed in the narration. Emma Wilder was phenomenal as always, she has such distinction in her voices and really does male voices well. At one point i got into my car and she was reading a text from Python and i was unsure if i was listening to the male or female narrator. This was my first book narrated by Rudy Sandia and his main character voice was pleasant to listen to, but some of the supporting characters i didn't like as much and it became a little distracting. This book did continue to reinforce that Teagan Hunter is one of my new favorite Rom Com authors, and I can't wait to read more of her books.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment

Featured Post:

Review: Scoring Forever: a best friends to enemies to lovers sports romance

Scoring Forever: a best friends to enemies to lovers sports romance by Jaqueline Snowe My rating: 3 of 5 stars ...