Monday, May 27, 2019

Review: The Friend Zone

The Friend Zone The Friend Zone by Abby Jimenez
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

I was given an ARC of this book and voluntarily give my review. This book has everything a romantic comedy should, a sweet story, hilarious moments, witty banter, but it is also surprisingly real and relatable, with heart wrenching moments that brought tears to my eyes. Abby Jimenez writes about challenging issues that don't often get a voice in the romance novel world. This might be my favorite book of the year so far. I loved that it took place in my neck of the woods (Burbank, Canoga Park and Los Angeles) I could picture the locations that were mentioned vividly, because I have been there. I also felt that the push and pull between the hero and heroine was realistic. She didn't fall all over him because he demanded it, she made her own decisions, and they weren't always the ones the reader wanted her to make, but not once did I roll my eyes and think "That would never happen".... I take that back, getting from Canoga Park to Malibu during rush hour would definitely take more than 45 minutes ;)
Lastly, without giving away spoilers, I need to say that the Author's Note at the end of the book was beautiful and caused some tears because I was able to relate to parts of this story very strongly.

I vehemently encourage everyone with a soft spot for love to read this book.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment

Featured Post:

Review: Scoring Forever: a best friends to enemies to lovers sports romance

Scoring Forever: a best friends to enemies to lovers sports romance by Jaqueline Snowe My rating: 3 of 5 stars ...