Wednesday, April 29, 2020

Review: Sure Shot

Sure Shot Sure Shot by Sarina Bowen
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

This is a second chance romance that hits the ground running and instantly stole my heart.

I knew I loved Bess before reading Sure Shot but I don't think I was prepared for how much I would relate to her.  She was such a balanced heroine  fiercely independent, owns her own business, confident, handles professional athletes better than any man.  She is also honest with herself about her personal goals and making space for them in her professional life and is vulnerable with her friends and Tank.

What can I say about Tank? I love a hero who is a little damaged and has lived and learned from his mistakes.  There is something so desirable about the way Tank is healing or maybe running from his divorce and trade and the reasons behind both.  He's just so  dreamy and masculine and hurting and healing and it is everything.

I think it is actually the 10th Brooklyn Bruisers book if you add in Bountiful and Moonlighter and I feel like Sarina Bowen really had fun with this one  There were references to many of the previous characters and even a cross series reference that was a super fun Easter egg!

This book hit me right in the feels. I found a deeply personal connection to Tank and Bess' story and their experiences.  Sarina Bowen addressed what can be a sensitive topic with compassion and kindness.   Like all of Sarina Bowen's books I could not put it down, I completed the whole book in less than 24 hours, reading between my other adult responsibilities.  I tried to read slow, I really did, but Sarina Bowen writes stories that I have to keep reading and worlds I never want to leave.

I received an ARC of this book and voluntarily give my review

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment

Featured Post:

Review: Scoring Forever: a best friends to enemies to lovers sports romance

Scoring Forever: a best friends to enemies to lovers sports romance by Jaqueline Snowe My rating: 3 of 5 stars ...