Monday, April 27, 2020

Review: Blowback

Blowback Blowback by Monica James
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

WOW....just WOW! This book left me excited, invigorated, fulfilled and a little shook up. Monica James did something amazing with this duet and I am finding the more I read by her the more I love her books.

Sometimes, after reading a book I need a bit of time, to compose my thoughts, wrap my head around how I am feeling, maybe even debate the rating I want to give. I am here to tell you I finished this book 10 seconds ago and I could not wait share how much I loved this five star read. A beyond perfect conclusion to this duet! This book played like a movie in my mind, a Tarantino film actually. I was getting major True Romance vibes (that is one of my favorite movies- if you haven't seen it please go now).

What struck me about this story is the character development. I feel like I really got to see Bull and Tiger grow as individuals but also together. Monica James wrote their growth in a way that felt authentic and gritty and sometimes ugly but also beautiful. Neither is a perfect person, but watching them not only accept the flaws in each other but the flaws in themselves was beautiful.

Bull is an antihero to be admired, and in the end I think this story played out the only way it could, utter freaking perfection.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment

Featured Post:

Review: Scoring Forever: a best friends to enemies to lovers sports romance

Scoring Forever: a best friends to enemies to lovers sports romance by Jaqueline Snowe My rating: 3 of 5 stars ...