Sunday, April 5, 2020

Review: Blue Umbrella Sky

Blue Umbrella Sky Blue Umbrella Sky by Rick R. Reed
My rating: 3.5 of 5 stars

This was a beautiful story about healing and learning to give and accept love again following loss.  Both Milt and Billy were flawed characters who are actively working on healing themselves and maintaining their balance.

This was a solid 3.5 star book for me.  I loved both of the characters and felt that their journeys were natural and true to the way that Rick Reed developed them.  The steaminess factor was low, with minimal descriptions of physical interactions focusing instead on the relationships and emotional connections between characters.  The backdrop of Palm Springs was perfect for this story, and as a SoCal native who has frequently visited the area it was easy to picture the mobile home park, hiking trails and even the strip malls.

This was a beautiful story and I recommend to someone looking for a book that really focuses on emotional connections.

I received an ARC of this book through NetGalley and voluntarily give my review.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Featured Post:

Review: Scoring Forever: a best friends to enemies to lovers sports romance

Scoring Forever: a best friends to enemies to lovers sports romance by Jaqueline Snowe My rating: 3 of 5 stars ...