Saturday, April 4, 2020

Review: A Secret for a Secret

A Secret for a Secret A Secret for a Secret by Helena Hunting
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

This book got me out of my COVID-19 slump, probably not the best thing to lead with but 100% truth. Helena Hunting has a way with words and characters that instantly brightens my life. King and Queenie are nothing like I expected and everything I needed. Ryan Kingston is definitely the wholesome milk drinking "boy scout" that we expect from meeting him in previous books. His goodness (for lack of a better term) is reminiscent of Alex Waters in Pucked, asking for consent and being overly considerate of others. Where Alex was wholesome and Canadian and raised to be that way, King is just good, good down to his bones, and his background is colorful and really fun to read about (Don't worry I won't give any spoilers). Queenie as described in the book is a storm. She is a whirlwind and while we know from the blurb that she is the General Manager's daughter, she is so much more. She is a level of controlled chaos that King welcomes into his life and it is everything!

I loved this book so much and I tried to read slowly, take my time but like all of Helena Hunting's books I devoured it in less than 24 hours (would have been one sitting but sleep and work interfered- damn them). The peeks into Alex and Violet's life were present in this book, as they were in other books in the All In series, and I think there were some teasers to future books and future characters embedded into this story, I am crossing my fingers that I am right.

I received an ARC of this book through NetGalley and voluntarily give my review. 

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment

Featured Post:

Review: Scoring Forever: a best friends to enemies to lovers sports romance

Scoring Forever: a best friends to enemies to lovers sports romance by Jaqueline Snowe My rating: 3 of 5 stars ...