Saturday, April 11, 2020

Review: The Happy Ever After Playlist

The Happy Ever After Playlist The Happy Ever After Playlist by Abby Jimenez
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

I have been excited about this book since i finished The Friend Zone in 2019. When I learned that Erin Mallon and Zachary Webber were narrating I knew that I would have to consume this book via audio. I was thrilled when Libro.fm had The Happy Ever After Playlist (THEAP) available as one of it's April ALCs I squealed with glee (literally). This book was everything I hoped for and more. I was thrilled to find out that there was an underlying rockstar romance trope (my catnip). Sloan was such an interesting character at the end of The Friend Zone when she loses her fiancé and I was glad that THEAP starts a couple years later. Sloan is still grieving but her journey to find love is more realistic. Tucker is an up and coming musician, and when Sloan finds his dog, they begin a special kind of friendship. Tucker is such a unique rock star hero that you can't help but fall instantly in love with him, his family and of course, his dog. Sloan's journey to healing is natural and pays homage to her love of her previous fiancé without damaging his memory. I could not stop listening to this book, and I lost many hours of sleep because of it. Abby Jimenez has written another amazing book and I know that she will continue to be a one click author for me.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment

Featured Post:

Review: Scoring Forever: a best friends to enemies to lovers sports romance

Scoring Forever: a best friends to enemies to lovers sports romance by Jaqueline Snowe My rating: 3 of 5 stars ...