Sunday, February 16, 2020

Review: Irresistible

Irresistible Irresistible by Jenna Hartley
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

This book was so delicious! Lauren is strong, independent, emotionally stunted, and unashamed about her sexuality. Hunter is wealthy playboy. Neither wants a relationship both want sex with no commitment the seem like male and female versions of the same person. What is great is the banter between these too. The sexual tension is thick, but there is also a lightheartedness that helps them develop a deep friendship that is really beautiful. They see each other in a way no one has before, or maybe they have never let someone else in enough to see them that way.

The only struggle I had with this book was knowing where in the timeline the beginning of this book fell in comparison to Unexpected (Love in LA, #1). Once I figured it out about 3 chapters in (there was a reference to Alexis and Preston's storyline) it was smooth sailing.

This was a great book and one I could see myself rereading in the future. One of my pet peeves is when the plot circles around drama that is created because there is a lack of communication or characters make dumb decisions. While there are some communication breakdowns between Lauren and Hunter, I felt their actions and responses were authentic and never felt frustration over the actions they took. I highly recommend this book. It can be read as a standalone, but i recommend reading as a series if you have not already done so.

I received an ARC of this book and voluntarily give my review.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment

Featured Post:

Review: Scoring Forever: a best friends to enemies to lovers sports romance

Scoring Forever: a best friends to enemies to lovers sports romance by Jaqueline Snowe My rating: 3 of 5 stars ...