Saturday, February 15, 2020

Review: Bullseye

Bullseye Bullseye by Monica James
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

Monica James was not kidding when she said this book is dark. It is raw and gritty, violent and bold and an amazing story. This book does not shy away from language, events or topics that would be considered inappropriate or taboo. Before the first chapter a blanket trigger warning is issued. I am a person who has a difficult time with violence in films and television media, but can handle it much better in book form. While scenes in this book were difficult to read they were not without purpose.

Bull is ex-con who has one mission in his life. He has lived a terrible and tragic life and is focused on vengeance and revenge. Developmentally and psychologically he is stunted by the tragedy of his past and he is an extremely interesting character. Tiger is beautifully broken by the circumstances of her life and trying to keep it all together. Her collision with Bull is the think dark romantic dreams are made of.

I predicted some of the twists at the very end, but the last chapter of the book had me on edge and April cannot get here fast enough!

I received an ARC of this book and voluntarily give my review.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment

Featured Post:

Review: Scoring Forever: a best friends to enemies to lovers sports romance

Scoring Forever: a best friends to enemies to lovers sports romance by Jaqueline Snowe My rating: 3 of 5 stars ...