Saturday, November 30, 2019

Review: Filthy Vows

Filthy Vows Filthy Vows by Alessandra Torre
My rating: 3 of 5 stars

This book was on my TBR since Alessandra Torre announced it. I was excited to read a story about a married couple fulfilling their fantasies together. As 1/2 of a married couple, I find the romance genre lacking in stories about married couples instead being saturated in stories of singles coupling up. It was refreshing to see a story which centered around something I could relate to... or so i thought. In reality this story is more about the reality of marriage vs. the fantasy of what married life will be like. The heroine Elle, is in love with her husband but disappointed by some of the turns their life has taken and is looking for something more. Her husband Easton wants to do whatever he can to make her happy, but will that change their marriage, or their life together? This story deals with topics of divorce and infidelity and Elle thinks a lot about the things her husband should and should not know. Parts of this story were uncomfortable to listen to, and there were parts of the story where i did not like Elle, but the performance by Rose Dioro made this story enjoyable to listen to. She did a great job with the variety of characters brought heat to some steamy scenes that otherwise could have been awkward to listen to. The steamy scenes were hot hot hot, but it wasn't enough to make up for my feelings towards Elle. I am nervous to read the next book in the series, but I am hopeful I will enjoy it more having a better idea of what to expect.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment

Featured Post:

Review: Whisper

Whisper by Cambria Hebert My rating: 5 of 5 stars View all my reviews