Sunday, November 17, 2019

Review: In the Unlikely Event

In the Unlikely Event In the Unlikely Event by L.J. Shen
My rating: 3 of 5 stars

I love L.J. Shen, she is one of my favorite authors. I will read anything she writes without even reading the description. That being said, this book missed the mark for me. The story was captivating, and I read it in less than a day, but some of the wackiness of the varying POVs wasn't really my style. I was also frustrated because a lot of the conflict came from intentional miscommunication, which can be a pet peeve for me in books. The story had twists and turns and definitely kept me engaged, but I had to push through a few sections in order to get to the content i wanted to read more (if that makes sense). L.J. Shen was correct in saying that this is different than anything she has written previously, and I encourage you to read it if you like her. My opinion is my own and the hang ups that I have will not be the same for all readers. Mal was still dreamy and Rory spunky, if you like L.J Shen please read this book, and let me know what you think. I received an ARC of this book and voluntarily give my review.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment

Featured Post:

Review: Whisper

Whisper by Cambria Hebert My rating: 5 of 5 stars View all my reviews