Thursday, January 21, 2021

Review: Escape With Me

Escape With Me Escape With Me by Kristen Proby
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

From the prologue to the epilogue this book is absolute perfection! This is a shining example of the brilliance of Kristen Proby who writes romances that fill me with hope all the warm fuzzy feelings. I feel so good after reading one of her novels, and Escape with Me is another superb addition to the series and her catalogue.

Izzy is a strong heroine, who we meet when she decides to change her life and become a runaway bride. She leave Portland and washes up at O'Calllahan's Pub. Keegan, the barkeep is married to his bar. We have seen him in other With Me In Seattle novels and he is a genuine and content guy. Supports his family, is kind and banters with his siblings and their spouses. lends a therapeutic ear to his patrons.

He and Izzy form a quick friendship that as you can expect evolves. Keegan is more open with Izzy than with others. He wants to take care of her, and has some very appealing alpha tendencies, while still supporting her new found independence. Izzy doesn't take crap from anyone, which is refreshing. Their love feels so real and I adored every page.

One of my favorite things about Kristen Proby's books are her girl gangs. The Montgomery gang is epic and has some key cameos in Escape with Me. I just about died when Izzy fangirled upon meeting Leo Nash and that was just the beginning. The O'Callahan's also have a girl gang as well and there is little better than women supporting women.

I enjoyed every second that is spent in this novel. At this point going back to Seattle is like visiting my closest friends and falling in love with them all over again. I can't recommend this Novel enough. I can definitely be read as a standalone. If you haven't read this series before you will not be disappointed, but i do encourage everyone to binge all the books.

Escape with me is wonderful and i couldn't recommend more highly.

I received an ARC of this book and voluntarily give my review.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment

Featured Post:

Review: Scoring Forever: a best friends to enemies to lovers sports romance

Scoring Forever: a best friends to enemies to lovers sports romance by Jaqueline Snowe My rating: 3 of 5 stars ...