Tuesday, June 2, 2020

Review: Taking His Shot

Taking His Shot Taking His Shot by Kendall Ryan
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

I am so sad this series is over but what an amazing conclusion! This book was different from the others before it, more meta with lots of little easter eggs for the avid romance reader. Jordie is such a sweet soul in the body of a player. Harper seems like the first woman who has ever made him work for it. Let me tell you, work for it he does. Jordie goes above and beyond to get his shot with Harper, and through it he starts to think that maybe his payer way of life is not all he thought it was. Harper, does not make it easy. She has sworn to never date a hockey player. Her dad is the coach of the Hawks and she thinks she knows exactly the kind of guy Jordie is.

I expected this book to be more of a slow burn, but was pleasantly surprised at the pacing. This story is funny and steamy and you get to see some nice resolutions for the characters from the previous books. I would not be unhappy if Kendall Ryan changed her mind and brought the Hawks back one day. These Hockey boys always do it for me.

I received an ARC of this book and voluntarily give my review.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment

Featured Post:

Review: Scoring Forever: a best friends to enemies to lovers sports romance

Scoring Forever: a best friends to enemies to lovers sports romance by Jaqueline Snowe My rating: 3 of 5 stars ...