Tuesday, June 23, 2020

Review: Flirtasaurus

Flirtasaurus Flirtasaurus by Erin Mallon
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

What an amazing debut by author Erin Mallon! Flirtasaurus is hilarious, entertaining and romantic. The story is full of quick banter, science jokes and puns, unforgettable characters and completely unputdownable. 

Calliope is focused and determined to excel as a paleontologist her dream since she was a little girl. She is single minded in her drive to succeed, which creates just as many blunders as it does opportunities. She is a very realistic character in that she is not a perfect human. She is flawed, she makes mistakes and she frequently responds inappropriately to situations. I was able to relate to her so much!

In regards to our hero Ralph, He is so good to Calliope from the very beginning, bantering with her, pushing buttons, and pulling her out of herself. He is so dreamy and the hero all us awkward boss babes want in our corner.

Possibly my favorite characters of the whole book are Calliope's parents. I was cracking up laughing (my family was looking at me like a crazy person I was laughing so hard).

As a result of listening to dozens of books narrated by Erin Mallon I could hear her voice in my head while reading this book. I think this will translate wonderfully to audio, and I plan on listening to the audiobook in the future. One thing that was a little challenging with this read, was that some of the back and forth dialogue went so quickly without character descriptors or pronouns that I lost track of who was speaking and had to go back to follow the banter again. I don't foresee that being an issue with narration and truth be told it was only a minor hiccup in the reading. It did not impact my enjoyment of the book at all. 

Flirtasaurus by Erin Mallon is the funniest book I have read in a long time. I have a feeling everyone is going to love it as much as I did. 

I received an ARC of this book and voluntarily give my review.


View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment

Featured Post:

Review: Scoring Forever: a best friends to enemies to lovers sports romance

Scoring Forever: a best friends to enemies to lovers sports romance by Jaqueline Snowe My rating: 3 of 5 stars ...