Wednesday, December 11, 2019

Review: Date Me, Bryson Keller!

Date Me, Bryson Keller! Date Me, Bryson Keller! by Kevin van Whye
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

I adored this book! I have not been reading a lot of YA lately and this was the perfect one to return to the genre with. Date me, Bryson Keller! was an adorably sweet coming of age, coming into ones own tale of Kai, and closeted high school senior, learning to own his life and be truthful with himself and his community. From the first page this book played like a movie in my head and I want to watch it so badly (think: To all the boys I've loved before, The kissing booth, 10 things I hate about you, She's the man...) ATTN Netflix: Snatch up this book and make it into a movie! This is the first book by Kevin van Whye and his writing style, POV and all the characters in the book. I want to send this book to middle schools and high schools across the country, because the message of acceptance is so important. Love is love and "jokes" about sexuality are not funny they perpetuate discrimination. I hope Kevin van Whye keeps writing and expanding on these characters. I want Donny and Priya's story! I want more of Kai and Bryson, I hope even the sisters get their own books! I encourage everyone to read this story and share it with a teen or preteen that they know! I received an arc of this book and voluntarily give my review.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment

Featured Post:

Review: Whisper

Whisper by Cambria Hebert My rating: 5 of 5 stars View all my reviews