Sunday, April 11, 2021

Review: Pause

Pause Pause by Kylie Scott
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

Kylie Scott continues to be one of my favorite authors. With this book she has infused emotion, self discovery and growth, a steamy and addictive romance, humor and a fiery heroine and alpha hero. Basically it is everything I could want from a romance book all packaged together and narrated by the incomparable Andi Arndt.

Anna wakes up from a coma after a bad car crash to find her life has imploded a bit. This story is about her journey of healing physically, mentally and emotionally. Leif was also involved in the accident and he and Anna forge a new friendship over their shared experiences. Both have trust issues and a deep respect for each other.

I enjoyed this book right from the start. I found Anna relateable and I really enjoyed watching her take back control of her life. She is decisive and holds her own so well when curve balls are thrown at her. Leif is completely swoon worthy. He is definite book boyfriend material and for some reason he reminded me a bit of Joe from Twist by Kylie Scott, not sure why but I feel like those two could have a beer together. I know all of her books are written in first person from the female perspective, but I would have loved to know what was going on in Leif's mind during parts of this book.

This book is another absolute winner for me Pause by Kylie Scott is a beautiful, funny, emotional romance that will sweep you off your feet!

I received an ALC of this book and voluntarily give my review.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment

Featured Post:

Review: Queen of Spades

Queen of Spades by Jillian West My rating: 4 of 5 stars View all my reviews