Tuesday, April 6, 2021

Review: Headhunter

Headhunter Headhunter by Kristen Proby
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

I adore Ivie and Shane! I could not wait for this book! This book starts with a prologue of Ivie's past which is a heck of a shock and then the action starts right away. This book has all the suspenseful action mafia goodness, plus some military skills and knowhow that gives me major Caleb Montgomery flashbacks (iykyk).

The attraction between these two is palpable in book 1, Underboss. By the time they are in the same scene in this scene in Headhunter I thought my kindle might set fire. There was no game playing with these two and I. Am. Here. For. It. (insert claps). They both know how they feel about each other and their honest is so attractive. Shane has major protective instincts, but instead of trying to wrap Ivie in bubble wrap, he arms her to be self sufficient. The feminism in his approach is refreshing. Ivie is a take no prisoners, fierce heroine. She doesn't need a man to save her and she is powerful and strong. The crossovers that I expect and love from a With Me in Seattle story are present and like perfect Easter eggs.

I read this book in 2 sittings (would have been one but I needed sleep), not only was it a contemporary romance with a mafia spin, but it had the suspense and mystery that kept me on the edge of my seat.

I received an ARC of this book and voluntarily give my review.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment

Featured Post:

Review: Queen of Spades

Queen of Spades by Jillian West My rating: 4 of 5 stars View all my reviews