Thursday, April 8, 2021

Review: Earn Your Extra Credit

Earn Your Extra Credit Earn Your Extra Credit by Meghan Quinn
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

I had a lot of feelings and emotions listening to this book! I wanted Brock and Stella's book once I met them in Book 1. I needed it actually, they were both obviously into each other but neither would act on it. You could tell in Arlo and Greer's story that Stella and Brock were both extremely stubborn. Now on an Hawaiian vacation together for a destination wedding for their friends and you just know the $hi7 is about to hit the fan.

I found myself angry at the characters in the book a lot, but I was never angry with the book. It's odd to think about but I loved listening to this book and it seems contradictory to say that I was angry at the characters but not the book but I guess that is the genius of Meghan Quinn. I was angry and disliked Ashley and Stella's Dad as well as her other family members through most or all of the book.
Stella is impulsive and selfish and a little unstable. Brock is obsessed and in love with Stella, and a little self sabotaging.

The problem is the two of them can't communicate to save their lives! It was maddening!! I found myself yelling at the audiobook because they both thought they were communicating but they weren't. It was like they were talking to each other in 2 different languages and then were shocked when they were misunderstood.

What was clear is that they are both passionate about each other and have a very strong friendship. This book had me laughing so hard I was crying and it also had me an emotional wreck. That is the skill of a good author!!

Keiko continued to be an amazing side character and comic relief and I hope she stick around in many more books.

Sebastian York was a perfect Brock Romero and Erin Mallon gave an amazing performance as Stella with perfect comedic timing! There were a couple moments where names were mispronounced by Mr. York, but he growled in my ear enough that I forgive him.

I completely enjoyed this audiobook, laughter and emotion, I was completely invested in every word.

I received an advance copy of the book and voluntarily give my review.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment

Featured Post:

Review: Queen of Spades

Queen of Spades by Jillian West My rating: 4 of 5 stars View all my reviews