Sunday, October 20, 2019

Review: Shadows

Shadows Shadows by Kristen Proby
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

Kristen Proby's first fully paranormal book was extremely addicting and had me on the edge of my seat. While she is known for her engaging romances, this book is a dark and suspenseful story, reminiscent of Practical Magic and The Witches of Eastwick. It still has the romance, but it's not the plot of the story as much as a strong supporting storyline. The villain, a serial killer, is a true villain, he is creepy and psychotic and you want to know more about him while also wanting to read through your fingers. The heroines (because while this story is about Brielle, her sisters are prominent) are complex and interesting and have that quality that all of Kristen Proby's leading ladies have. You know the one I'm talking about, where you want to go out to drink with them and just be their friends. We also got to visit with some of our favorite characters from the Boudreaux series, which is always enjoyable as a reader, to get to see where familiar characters are now. Overall I am excited for this initial book in the Bayou Magic series. I think Kristen Proby has set up a fascinating new series that is going to keep readers on their toes.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment

Featured Post:

Review: Whisper

Whisper by Cambria Hebert My rating: 5 of 5 stars View all my reviews