Friday, May 28, 2021

Review: Heartsong

Heartsong Heartsong by A.E. Wasp
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

Sean and Cooper are an unlikely pair and their love story surprised me.

Sean is from West Virginia, and while he is out, he is far from comfortable in his skin and with his sexual identity. Sean has survived trauma and is learning how to deal with it. I found Sean's story to be original and heart-wrenching, creative and raw. I imagine there are many who have similar experiences to him, but this is the first time I have seen it represented in romance.

Cooper is a military veteran and an amputee, he is grumpy and a loner and all sorts of pouty man bear goodness. He is not embarrassed or ashamed about his missing leg, but he recognizes the ways it impedes his life.

What I love most is that Sean and Cooper accept each other exactly as they are. They fill in each others gaps and are able to give the other space and comfort. I was instantly hooked on this story and I highly recommend.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment

Featured Post:

Review: Queen of Spades

Queen of Spades by Jillian West My rating: 4 of 5 stars View all my reviews