Friday, May 21, 2021

Review: Fake

Fake Fake by Kylie Scott
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

I usually prefer a romance novel written in dual perspective. I love to see the other side, what is going on in the Hero and Heroine's heads. Kylie Scott always writes single perspective and it is ALWAYS ALWAYS perfect. I found Norah relatable, and real. She takes a chance on a unique opportunity and roles with it while staying true to herself. Patrick is mysterious. I was always interested in what was happening in his head, but not knowing only made me more intrigued.

Im not always a fan of the fake relationship trope but Kylie Scott gets it right on the money with Fake!
I was definitely reminded of another fake relationship trope book of Kylie's Play. But while that one was goofy this one was heartfelt and there was nothing funny about the friendship Patrick and Norah build. This story didn't fall into any of the traditional and predictable trope plot progressions that bother me about this type of story. I loved every second of this book and read it from cover to cover in one sitting.

I received an arc of this book and voluntarily give my review.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment

Featured Post:

Review: Queen of Spades

Queen of Spades by Jillian West My rating: 4 of 5 stars View all my reviews