Tuesday, October 27, 2020

Review: Spells

Spells Spells by Kristen Proby
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

Book 2 of the Bayou Magic series picks up where Book 1 leaves off and you dive right back into they magic of Kristen Proby's New Orleans.

Millie is a fun and sweet character. She doesn't fight against herself and accepts changes as they come. I enjoyed getting into her head and seeing how she accepts changes, like a new familiar, with grace and ease. Lucien has secrets and it is wonderful seeing him reveal himself and his secrets to Millie. This story raised a lot of questions, and Kristen Proby did an excellent job of twisting the story around so the answers were all revealed in the end. This story has a lot of dark violent themes, but they add to the spooky Halloween vibes throughout the book

I am sad I will have to wait another year for the conclusion of this trilogy. While all books are focused on individual sisters and their relationships. Without having read Book 1 Shadows, the story would be lacking context that would add to the reader's enjoyment of the book.

This is a great paranormal witchy romance Low Angst, but still suspense and drama. Minimal heat, but high levels of romance.

I received an ARC of this book and voluntarily give my review.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment

Featured Post:

Review: Scoring Forever: a best friends to enemies to lovers sports romance

Scoring Forever: a best friends to enemies to lovers sports romance by Jaqueline Snowe My rating: 3 of 5 stars ...