Saturday, October 24, 2020

Review: Grip

Grip Grip by Kennedy Ryan
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

This was an amazing book, I needed to sit with my feelings a minute before completing my review.

Grip came highly recommended from some very close friends and I postponed reading it for a long time. I think I knew it was going to make an impact and I wasn't ready. This book is truly amazing. It is a beautiful love story but more than that it addresses true issues of race, inequity and inequality in a way that is authentic and powerful.

Grip is a black man and Bristol is a white woman. This book didn't skip over any of the complications that come with their relationship. But it also wasn't the purpose of the book. It was just a reality of these characters and thats what made them feel so real. I love how it was an open conversation with them. Bristol was open about her lack of awareness and Grip was upfront about educating her. There was one part where he told her that her privilege was showing and it was an informative moment not an aggressive moment or start of a fight.

I loved that both of these characters acted like adults when solving their problems or when disagreements arose. They were truly soulmates and that showed through the writing and their experiences. I will be recommending this book to everyone I can, and I already have Still on my kindle to read, because I am not ready to let them go.

This is one of the few books where I really want to thank the author. Thank you Kennedy Ryan for bringing these characters into my life. I will forever be a fan of Grip and Bristol.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment

Featured Post:

Review: Scoring Forever: a best friends to enemies to lovers sports romance

Scoring Forever: a best friends to enemies to lovers sports romance by Jaqueline Snowe My rating: 3 of 5 stars ...