Sunday, October 18, 2020

Review: Love Song

Love Song Love Song by Kylie Scott
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

I always love traveling back to Portland and the world of Stage Dive. Love Song by Kylie Scott is about Adam Dillon, a rock star who has been supported by the Stage Dive crew reconnecting with his ex girlfriend who he wrote a hate fueled album about. I loved this story, Jill is every girl who has dated a musician. I deeply related to her as I have that affliction too. Being second choice over music wares on you after a while and the way that was described was perfect. 


Our favorite Mad Drummer, Mal has a couple hysterical interactions and I love that he still speaks to Kylie Scott and we get snips to know that Mal has not changed. It's not just him, the whole Stage Dive crew makes an appearance and it feels like hanging out with old friends. 


My biggest complaint is that I just wanted more. That is true of all of Kylie's books though. She is a one click author for me, I just want all her books all the time. Knowing it was a novella I was expecting something short, but this felt a little rushed. I would have liked a few extra chapters, or a longer time lapse. That said the story was completely enjoyable and satisfying.


I received an ARC of this book and voluntarily give my review.


View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment

Featured Post:

Review: Scoring Forever: a best friends to enemies to lovers sports romance

Scoring Forever: a best friends to enemies to lovers sports romance by Jaqueline Snowe My rating: 3 of 5 stars ...