Sunday, August 9, 2020

Review: Kiss My Cupcake

Kiss My Cupcake Kiss My Cupcake by Helena Hunting
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

Kiss My Cupcake is a sugary sweet slow burn with kick. If it were a cupcake and not a book it would be a blend of complicated flavors that shouldn't go together but end up being a flavorgasm on your tongue (e.g. like chili and chocolate, sweet and spicy) 


Blaire is fierce and fun with the unique style of a pinup girl. I loved the descriptions of all her dresses and aprons. Ronan is a plaid & glasses wearing, lumberjack size, tattooed dream boat. I mean really he's like Randy Balls but behind a bar (swoon). The descriptions of the tattoos and Blaire's reaction to them is every woman everywhere. These two start out as fierce enemies and competitors, but when put in an impossible situation, they team up and what started out as hate turns into an unwilling alliance with a whole lot of flirting.


I loved Ronan's ownership of his feelings. He didn't try to hide from them or from Blaire and it was a very attractive quality in his character. 


My only feedback or note I would give, is that now that I have images of the characters in my mind, the people on the cover don't look enough like them, but as concerns go it is rather minimal. I think Ronan looks more rugged and the tat's are missing and Blaire is curvier in my mind, more hour glass and more poof to her skirt ;) 


Like most Helena Hunting books this story has some whackadoodle characters (Blaire's family gave me a real laugh) as well as some heartwarming ones (Gramps was the best!!). This story pulls at the emotional heartstrings, but not in a stressful way. You will enjoy every crumb of this story and come back for seconds. 


I received an ARC of this book through NetGalley and voluntarily give my review.



View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment

Featured Post:

Review: Scoring Forever: a best friends to enemies to lovers sports romance

Scoring Forever: a best friends to enemies to lovers sports romance by Jaqueline Snowe My rating: 3 of 5 stars ...