Saturday, August 14, 2021

Review: When Sparks Fly

When Sparks Fly When Sparks Fly by Helena Hunting
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

When Sparks Fly had me cackling with laughter 2 pages in and I was hooked! I read this book so fast, I couldn't put it down. It was definitely a situation where I had a good book and no appreciation for the next day because I read way past my bedtime, which I find to occur frequently with Helena Hunting's books. 

Avery and Declan are the swooniest of friends to lovers, roommates to lovers, forced proximity and the tension and yearning was divine. Avery is an active sporty independent woman, who finds herself reliant on her best friend and roommate. This obviously creates some tension and increased intimacy between the two while they come to terms with their feelings and history.

I enjoy a good friends to lovers and this is one of the best. This book is less spicy than some of Helena Huntings independently published books, but still gives heat and steam. Avery's sisters were London and Harley were prominent characters in this book. I struggled with London's character, I didn't like her very much. She held a grudge, I didn't think she placed blame correctly when she was upset, and it was implied she acts differently with different people. She redeemed herself to me in the end, but she was my least favorite in the story. 

I loved the friend ground how Avery's friends are all men, i think that is very common but not often part of a story structure.

Overall I really loved this book and didn't want to put it down. 

I received an ARC of this book and voluntarily give my review.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment

Featured Post:

Review: Queen of Spades

Queen of Spades by Jillian West My rating: 4 of 5 stars View all my reviews