Monday, August 16, 2021

Review: Feels Like Love

Feels Like Love Feels Like Love by Jenna Hartley
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

All The Tension! I Could Not Put It Down!! I read this book in a day because I was instantly hooked and loved the characters so much! 

Bennett has been in love with his best friends younger sister Wren for years and is determined to do the right thing for their friendship. So when his house floods and he ends up staying with her and her kid River for a few months, he does everything in his power to keep them in the friend zone. Wren has had a crush on Bennett since her teens, and is trying to start dating again after a bad relationship and spending the past several years as a devoted single mom. What could go wrong? 

The characters and their development in this story was my absolute favorite. River, Wren's child is one of my favorite characters ever! He wears whatever he likes and is given the space by is family to be exactly who he is. There may be external pressure in school for him to conform to a binary gender but he is a loved child given the space to flourish, and loved by the adults in his life and it makes me so happy. 

Wren and Bennet engage in such a slow burn back and forth dance which involves late night talks, GBBO binges and kitchen bakes that by the time they finally take the next step I was dying for it. 

There is some secret keeping/miscommunication that I found frustrating, but it was resolved rather quickly. I'm a fan of communication :) 

There are mentions and visits from the Love in LA crew, and Harper is a prominent side character. It took me a while to place it in the timeline but I loved getting to check in on old friends. I loved the addition of a map of the Allondra Valley! It is such a great addition and I loved being able to peek into the authors mind fo see how she designed the valley she created and will be setting future books in.

Overall this story was addicting and I loved it!

I received an ARC of this book and voluntarily gave my review



View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment

Featured Post:

Review: Queen of Spades

Queen of Spades by Jillian West My rating: 4 of 5 stars View all my reviews