Wednesday, July 21, 2021

Review: Deliver Us From Evil

Deliver Us From Evil Deliver Us From Evil by Monica James
My rating: 3 of 5 stars

**3.5 Stars**

Monica James delivered a solid ending to a trilogy full of intensity, violence and love. I am thrilled that Punky and Babydoll finally get their HEA. This epic finale was full of lots of twists and turns, secrets and deceptions. Some crossovers from another series show up that had me so excited I cheered out loud. This book had some very creative dark and violent scenes. The kind of creative that if I were MJs spouse I might sleep with one eye open.

Babydoll/Cami proves herself to be the fierce heroine Punky needs in this story and it was fun watching her come into her own and take her place next to him.

There were some moments where the drama became a little too outrageous, and the characters didn't seem physically impacted by injuries that took place pages before. This took me out of the story a little bit, but overall I was sucked in turning pages late into the night (or morning as it were).

If you are looking for a trilogy with an antihero, the Irish mafia, star crossed lovers and lots of darkness and depravity look no further, this series is for you.

I received an ARC of this book and voluntarily give my review.
I recommend checking the trigger warnings before reading this book

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment

Featured Post:

Review: Queen of Spades

Queen of Spades by Jillian West My rating: 4 of 5 stars View all my reviews