Wednesday, July 6, 2022

Review: Love Lessons

Love Lessons Love Lessons by Sarina Bowen
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

Crikey! Vera and Ian are a match made in Brooklyn Hockey Heaven!!! This book is a little bit enemies to lovers, neighbors with a grudge turns dating coach while on vacation in Italy. Taking place during hockey's off season you get to see some of the behind the scenes between seasons, but this is not a romance that takes place on the ice. I wish this was a picture book, with visuals of all the clothing. Vera is a stylist (who we meet in Shenanigans) and the fashion is such a big part of this book. 

When Vera's ex reappears in her life, Ian becomes Vera's seduction coach, to teach her how to make him regret leaving her behind and win him back. Ian and Vera's banter quickly turns into the hottest sexual tension. It is clear early on that the feelings are developing, and it amps up the heat between these two. I love some of the creativity in the bedroom scenes. There is a unique quality to them that you don't often get in romance novels (and thats all I will say about that). 

This is a 4.5 star read for me with 5 star narration. There were some parts of this book which were similar in nature to Shenanigans, the previous book in this series, and I was a little disappointed with the repetition. There were also some pieces of the characters back story that were touched upon but I think if more time was spent on them it would have enhanced the connection between Vera and Ian. That said I could not put this book down, and I never wanted it to end. I loved getting time with some of our favorite couples on vacation including Castro and Heidi Jo and Neil Drake and Charlie. 

I loved every moment of this audiobook. The casting of Joe Arden and Rose Dioro was perfection. Joe brought out the husky confidence and internal insecurity in Ian and Rose was the perfect blend of independent fashionista and single girl seeking a second chance with the wrong guy.

I received an ALC of this book and voluntarily give my honest review. 

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment

Featured Post:

Review: Queen of Spades

Queen of Spades by Jillian West My rating: 4 of 5 stars View all my reviews