Sunday, September 25, 2022

Review: Sharkbait

Sharkbait Sharkbait by Erin Mallon
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

I have loved every book and play of Erin Mallon's that I have read or listened to, and Sharkbait is no different! That said, I never know what I am going to get with an Erin Mallon creation. In the case of Sharkbait I got a laugh out loud comedy with a lot of heart. Louise is an interesting character. She is trying to learn how to be an independent woman, and follow her dreams, while still discovering them. She is also recovering from her childhood trauma, of having to raise herself because her parents were not present. She has some funny quirks that cause awkwardly humorous moments and she goes through a lot of growth through this book. James is a bartender at the beginning of the book, a one night stand for independent Louise, but he is so much more. A fascinating entrepreneur in his early 30s who has lived more life than those in their 60s. He is a modern day single dad to the coolest kid, and an instantly lovable romance hero. This is a romance where the hero falls first and pursues the heroine, and I was rooting for him the whole time!

This book will give you warm fuzzies, while you laugh out loud. Narrated by Erin Mallon and Teddy Hamilton, these two perfectly capture not only Louise and James, but also the side characters who we have met in previous books! I loved the dual perspective and dual narration in this book, getting James' POV was such an important addition to the story.

I highly recommend reading or listening to Sharkbait, and if you haven't read the other 2 books in the Natural History series, what are you doing with your life? Go read them too! right away! 

I received an ALC of this book and voluntarily give my honest review.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment

Featured Post:

Review: Queen of Spades

Queen of Spades by Jillian West My rating: 4 of 5 stars View all my reviews