Monday, September 7, 2020

Review: The Setup

The Setup The Setup by Meghan Quinn
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

I could not put this book down. I loved Lincoln and Indie so much! Let's start with this: Indie Mayhem... Indie FREAKING Mayhem what a cool name! She sounds like a roller derby girl, but it totally works for this college soccer player. She is fierce and fiery and does what she wants. She has no time for a man, but all the time for one man. Lincoln Castle is ridiculous, I laughed out loud at his antics. While he is described in the beginning as a bit of a player the side the reader sees is the genuinely good caring guy. He an Indie become close friends and establish a very affectionate friendship. It is clear they both care deeply for each other, but I think their competitive and stubborn personalities prevent them from giving in. After being setup by their moms there is no way they can give them the satisfaction of being right.

Scarlett was one of the best parts of this book. That girl has no filter and doesn't give an eff. I hope she is getting her own book. I also loved all the scenes with Lincoln and his Mom and Mama. Meghan Quinn touched on some unique topics but didn't make big deals of any of them, including Scarlett having Dyslexia and Lincoln having 2 moms and is adoption. There was definitely the opportunity for her to go off on a tangent with any of these topics, but the fact she doesn't normalizes it and I really appreciated. it. This story is a slow burn which just builds and builds the anticipation.

This series is just so freaking fantastic. I love every book in this Brentwood Baseball series and I can't recommend this book enough.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment

Featured Post:

Review: Scoring Forever: a best friends to enemies to lovers sports romance

Scoring Forever: a best friends to enemies to lovers sports romance by Jaqueline Snowe My rating: 3 of 5 stars ...